Are you a software engineer interested in remote American Software jobs? Sign up for Turing if:
1) You can work 40 hours/week for 6-12 months remotely with an American software company.
2) You can spend 30 hours in the next week on our programming tests, take-home challenge, and our video interviews.
3) You can adjust work hours to overlap at least 4 hours a day with a company in San Francisco/New York.
4) You are an exceptional software engineer, likely in the top 1% of the world’s software engineers.
5) You are a fluent English communicator and you will be able to communicate effectively over daily video calls with engineering managers at U.S. Software companies we match you with.
6) You are an extremely proactive communicator, who understands the challenges of remote work and the need to over-communicate to offset those challenges.
7) You are good with project planning and timeline estimation, discussing business priorities with our U.S. company partners and proposing sensible software/business tradeoffs that are in line with the customer’s priorities.
8) If you are already a full-time remote freelance software engineer with significant remote experience and/or have been a team lead/project lead, that’s a huge bonus.
Benefits of signing up for Turing:
1) You don’t need a US visa since you’ll be working remotely.
2) Turing’s qualification process is difficult and time-consuming. But once you qualify, Turing will match you to US Software companies whose job openings you are suitable for. Once you qualify for Turing, you may never have to interview for a job again.
3) Once you qualify for Turing you can live in any part of the world you like and still be plugged into the very best Silicon Valley job opportunities.
4) Turing only partners with American Software companies. whose project engagements are full time and expected to last 6 months or more. Today, a Turing developer works full time with a single Turing partner company for 6-9 months on average, compared to most freelancing websites with very short gigs. Turing projects are typically long term, which gives you the opportunity to grow as a software engineer, which is hard with gigs.
5) If a Turing developer’s work with a partner company completes in a few months, Turing re-matches engineers to other partner companies within 2-3 weeks on average.
6) Turing also offers mentorship and guidance regarding technologies most valued by US companies and also resources to help you grow fast as a software engineer. Today this is accessible to engineers working locally for Silicon Valley companies, but we want the same to be available to exceptional software engineers all over the world.
7) Today Turing partners with a number of US companies in Silicon Valley, Texas, New York and Florida and helps fill a number of full time remote roles including Front-end, UIUX, back-end, Full stack, Mobile, DevOps, AI and Data Engineering and more, so we can match you with the perfect role for you.
1) Based in Palo Alto, California founded by Jonathan Siddharth and Vijay Krishnan.
2) Founders Jonathan and Vijay originally moved to the U.S from India when they got accepted into the Computer Science program at Stanford University. Being software engineers themselves, they realized how much their software career prospects improved merely as a result of relocating to the Silicon Valley. Turing’s mission is to make the same opportunities available to Silicon Valley engineers accessible to exceptional engineers all over the world.
3) Jonathan and Vijay effectively worked with exceptional remote engineers all over the world to drive their previous AI company in Silicon Valley to a successful acquisition. This convinced them that other Silicon Valley companies too could benefit from working with exceptional remote engineers and this was the inspiration behind Turing.
4) Turing’s venture Investors include Founders Fund, Foundation Capital (backers of Netflix, Uber, Facebook, Airbnb)
5) Angel Investors include engineering leaders from Google, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter.
6) Current partner companies span several industries in the U.S including B2B, consumer, AdTech, Health Care, AI, FinTech, Ride Sharing, Aviation, Marketing and Retail.
7) Today we have Turing software engineers working full time with US companies, from the United States, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Algeria, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Germany, Cyprus, France, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Philippines, and Indonesia. This list is growing every week.
Ready to start?
1) Sign Up to start./ https://developers.turing.com/signup
2) Pass our basic programming test.
3) Tell us your skills and do high quality work on a take home challenge.
4) Pass video interviews with our senior engineers
5) Get matched to U.S. Software companies.